Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Home project...



 This is a home project that I thought of which I think is really cool and inexspensive. If you have those ugly looking outdated garage doors, you know those old metal ones. I like to reuse things and will not spend money unless I have to. I painted the doors a flat brown. Make sure it is dry, a day or so depends on the weather. Then use wood boards, the width will depend on your door and the pattern your doing. Stain them with a dark stain. You do not have to paint the boards first. After they are dry cut them to fit your door, which you can see in the picture. Make sure that you work in sections as the door folds up when it is opened or closed. Stay with in each section. After you have the wood placed where you want putting it up with screws. Make sure the screws are not too long but long enough to go through the door. Most doors have insulation on the inside. Then use a paint brush to stain any places that did'nt cover like seams along the boards. When I finished I bought some iron hinge straps and a hook so that the doors would look like the old ones that open side to side. Everyone loves them. I'm always hearing someone say WOW ! you got new doors, they must have cost alot. Nope, only cost about $65-$70 dollars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...